Click on Your App for Instructions
To make sure our email gets delivered to your Inbox, you must add the contact to your contacts list.
- Open the email from the contact you want to add.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Reply in the upper right side of the email header.
- Click the Add Name of Contact to Contacts List from the list that appears.
- If the contact name does not appear in the drop-down list, then you probably have already added them to your Contacts.
If an email has ended up in your spam folder:
- Open the email of the contact you want to add.
- Click the button on the toolbar, labeled Not Spam.
It will appear in your Inbox, and you can follow the instructions above to add it to your contact list.
If you are using the Gmail mobile app on your smartphone or tablet, you can ensure you are getting an email from your contact and organise it in one of your tabs, if you have the feature enabled.
- Click on the gearbox button (three dots) in the header, not the one beside the reply action in the email.
- Click on Move To.
- Select a tab to move the email to that tab.
To make sure our email gets delivered to a specific folder of your choice in Inbox, you must add the contact to that folder. You can use one of the folders created by Inbox or create your own by clicking + Create New.
If you do are not finding a message from a contact in one of your Inbox bundles (you search to do this quickly). If it is not there, check your Inbox spam folder. When you see the email from the contact:
- Open the email.
- Click the gearbox icon (three dots).
- Next, add the contact to the folder you want the message to appear.
- If you want to create a new folder, you may do so by clicking + Create New.
iPhone Mail identifies most junk mail sent to your @icloud.com address or aliases, but it can mistakenly move email to your junk mail folder. Periodically check this folder for email messages that were marked as junk mistakenly. To indicate that an email message from a contact is a good one:
- Open your Mail app and go to the Mailboxes screen.
- Scroll down to the folders area.
- Select the Junk folder.
- Find the email from the contact and slide it left to see options.
- Tap the More button.
- Tap the Mark button.
- Tap the Mark as Not Junk button.
The message will move to your Inbox. Subsequent email messages from that contact will appear in your inbox and no longer be marked as spam.
By default, messages in the Junk folder are deleted after thirty (30) days so be sure to check it often to whitelist relevant email.
To add a contact to your list of Focused Inbox on the Outlook App, please open the mobile Outlook app.
- Open an email from a contact you want to add.
- Click the drop-down gearbox icon (three dots) on the top right of your Inbox.
- On the menu displayed tap Move to Focused Inbox.
- Select the Move this and all future messages button.
- Tap Move.
Now all future messages from that contact will appear in your Focused Inbox. You can also remove unwanted emails from your Focused Inbox as well by repeating this process in your Focused tab.
To add a contact to your list of "Safe senders" on Outlook:
- Right-click the email in your Inbox email list pane.
- On the menu displayed move your mouse over or tap Junk.
- Click or tap on Never block sender in the menu that rolls out.
- A popup will say: "The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List." Click OK.
To add a contact to address book:
- Open the email.
- Right click on the from address.
- Choose Add to contacts option.
If you did not receive an email message, check your spam folder. If you find it there, complete the following.
- Open the email.
- Click the Not Spam button on the top toolbar.
To ensure future delivery, create a filter to send email from that contact to your Inbox automatically.
To Create A Filter
To create a filter, follow these instructions:
- Move your mouse over or tap the Gear icon in the top right navigation bar.
- Select Settings from the drop-down list.
- Choose Filters located on the left side of the page.
- Click the Add button on the Filters page.
- Create a name such as Safesenders or Whitelist in the Filter name field.
- In the From field leave the default contains selected.
- Enter the email address of the contact in the text box next to Contains.
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered.
- Click or tap Save.
- The next screen will have a "Deliver to [folder you selected] if From contains [contact you entered]" - click or tap Save on this screen.